By joining and using MNLA’s listserv, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for this peer discussion group. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium.
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the listserv. For instance, violating antitrust regulations, libeling others, selling, and marketing are not permissible. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the list manager noted in your welcome instructions. MNLA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
Disclaimer and legal rules
This list is provided as a service to members of the Montana Nursery & Landscape Association (MNLA). MNLA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. MNLA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by MNLA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall MNLA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the list are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages. Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that MNLA and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this listserv.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ASAE and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
MNLA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to MNLA's attention, MNLA will take all appropriate action.
MNLA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation/company, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the listserv. Instead, use the listserv website, http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/plantingmt/, to change your settings or to remove yourself from the list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
How to Join the Listserv
The MNLA listserv is open to MNLA members only and there is no additional fee to subscribe. There are several technical requirements:
- You must have a computer with an internet connection (high-speed is recommended) and an active personal e-mail address (not a generic address for your company or website).
- Your internet provider or server must allow mail from the Yahoo Groups domain, which hosts the MNLA listserv. This is generally only a problem for companies whose spam or virus filtering software is set to delete mail with the yahoogroups.com extension (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You must have some basic familiarity with computers, the internet and e-mail usage. MNLA is not responsible for providing technical computer or software support.
- You must read and agree to the Rules and Etiquette information found elsewhere in this article.
MNLA members may join the listserv through the following steps:
- Use your internet browser to go to the following website: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/plantingmt
- Click on the button “Join This Group”
- If you are already a Yahoo Groups user, sign in as you usually do and follow the directions to join the “plantingmt” group. If you are not already a Yahoo user, click on the link to “Sign Up”. Note that you do not have to provide Yahoo with a complete profile; you need only complete the fields marked with an asterisk as required.
- Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the options. You can change your e-mail address, view archived messages for the listserv, temporarily or permanently disable e-mail delivery for the listserv, or remove yourself from the listserv at your convenience through the group homepage once you sign in on Yahoo.